The mission of the Women’s Philanthropy Society of Cabell Huntington Hospital is to celebrate the caring spirit of women and their gifts of time, talent and treasure. As part of this mission, the Women’s Philanthropy Society presents two awards to outstanding women at an annual luncheon in the spring, the Christie Kinsey Focus Award and the Kitty Hage Lifetime Achievement Award. The Abigail McNeely Youth Service Award, new in 2017, will be presented to a special young lady with a heart for volunteerism.
The criteria for each award is the same:
• The nominee must be a resident of Cabell, Wayne, or Lincoln counties in West Virginia, Lawrence County in Ohio, or Boyd County in Kentucky.
• The Women’s Philanthropy Society committee must receive two letters of recommendation (including one from the sponsoring individual) for review by February 15th.
Letters may be mailed to:
Women’s Philanthropy Committee
Attn: Velma Workman
1340 Hal Greer Boulevard
Huntington, WV 25701
For the awards the nomination packet should include:
• Nomination form
• Brief biography of the individual
• Two letters of recommendation
The “Christie Kinsey Focus Award” will honor an individual with outstanding achievements in one or more of the following areas:
• Civic & Community Leadership
• Professional Excellence
• Home and Family
The “Kitty Hage Lifetime Achievement Award” will be presented to an individual whose life’s work has been dedicated to humanitarian efforts.
The “Abigail McNeely Youth Service Award”, begain in 2017 and is designated for ladies ages 6-18 years old showing achievements in the following:
- Community Service
- Leadership in her community
For more information please contact Velma Workman at 304-526-6314.